Actions taken by Estiko-Plastar to improve sustainabilityEfforts to lower energy usage and minimize potential pollution:
uses heat exchangers in our ventilation system to save energy. This allows us
to warm up incoming cold air with the outgoing warm air.
uses all technical cooling water as it is circulating inside the system
cools the technical water with free coolers in order to reduce GHG (Green House
Gases) level. The required temperature to cool the water is 13 degrees. If the
outside temperature is below 13 degrees, then outside air is used for cooling
without additional energy usage.
will replace all existing lights to LED technology
reduces production waste by 1% every year to save on raw material usage.
burns all VOC gases (Vapourising Organic Components) in a regenerative thermal
oxydizer (RTO) so as to reduce outdoor air pollution.
- Estiko-Plastar distills and reuses all print solvent residue internally as opposed to sending it out with delivery.
Actions to reduce packaging waste:
works to continuosly develop thinner packaging solutions to reduce the amount
of packaging material used.
- Estiko-Plastar works to continuosly develop barrier packaging with the goal to decrease food waste. Barrier packaging prolongs the shelf-life of food products
- Estiko-Plastar works to continuosly develop recyclable packaging solutions to reduce the enviromental impact.
- Estiko-Plastar is using materials which are made from renewable sources.
collects separately all packages (wooden, plastic, paper) used during
production process and are mainly imported to Estonia. All packaging waste is
sent to waste management companies and so that it can be reused.
- Estiko-Plastar sorts separately all the waste it generates from the technical process in order to simplify re-usage.
- Estiko-Plastar, on its own, re-uses over 95% of all PE waste. Residue will go to a waste management company where it is then recycled.